DR. SHAHRIN ISKANDAR ABDUL WAHABMBBS (Aus), MPath (UKM)
Specialty :Histopathology & Cytology
Dr. Shahrin Iskandar graduated with MBBS from University of Queensland, Australia in 1988 and obtained his Master degree in Pathology from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia in 1997.
As a pathologist, Dr. Shahrin Iskandar has experienced various facets of healthcare ranging from government hospitals, academic institutions as well as in the private sector.
Currently, Dr. Shahrin holds a position as the Lab Director in PPP Cheras and Klang. His extensive experience includes:
- Hospital Pulau Pinang, Penang as a Clinical pathologist. Dr. Shahrin Iskandar was involved in the initial renal biopsy reporting service for the hospital.
- Hospital Kangar, Perlis as Consultant Pathologist and Head of Pathology Department
- Universiti Putra Malaysia as lecturer and Consultant Pathologist, reporting at HKL.
- A Consultant Pathologist in a private laboratory for 8 years reporting large volume and variety of cases from West and East Malaysia, as well as from Vietnam and Singapore.
- Familiarity with requests from clinics, small/medium sized hospital, tertiary hospitals (IJN and Hussein Onn Eye Hospital)
- Familiarity with Gynaepathology, Cytopathology, Liver and GIT pathology, Uropathology, Endocrine and Breast pathology and soft tissue tumors.
- Other pathology services performed also include frozen sections and immunohistochemistry.